campaigns & fundraising
People who experience hearing conditions – more than 1-in-6 of us – have to navigate more than just the physical effects of their hearing condition. People are more than just ears and hearing conditions require more than just devices. Soundfair is working for a fairer world for people with hearing conditions – from research and changing the hearing health system to advocating for inclusion in the workplace. The Soundfair Hearing Centre offers person-centred care and recycled donated hearing aids at low or no cost to people who would not otherwise be able to access them.
If our work is important to you or your family, there are many different ways you can fundraise to help us to do more – from holding a sausage sizzle to holding a screening event of the Unheard Stories film festival – whatever your idea is, get in touch: [email protected]
Below are some easy ideas to get you started.
There are a range of different ways you can support our work just using your Facebook profile! And Facebook don’t charge any fees for donations to not-for-profit organisations through the platform.
Facebook gives you the opportunity to create birthday fundraisers, which means you can make your birthday a special one for someone else too! For your birthday, you can ask your friends and family to donate to your fundraiser lieu of gifts.
How to set up your Facebook birthday fundraiser
Around two weeks before your birthday, you will see a message from Facebook in your News Feed giving you the option to create a fundraiser for your birthday. All you need to do is select Soundfair as your nominated charity.
- You can then nominate how much money you would like to raise
- Choose an end date for your fundraiser
- Your fundraiser will auto-populate with some information about the importance of Soundfair’s work. You can either change this or leave it as is.
- You are then able to change the image if you would like to or you can leave the pre-populated image as is.
- Click ‘Create’
Facebook Charity Fundraisers
You are able to set up a fundraiser on Facebook to support Soundfair at any time. All you have to do is simply go to your Facebook page and locate the ‘FUNDRAISER’ button in the menu on the left-hand side of your newsfeed – it is often positioned under the ‘Explore’ sub-heading.
- Click on the ‘Fundraiser’ button
- You then click ‘Raise Money’ and select ‘Charity’
- You then search for ‘Soundfair’ and select it as your charity.
- Fill out your fundraiser details and selected your fundraiser cover photo.
- Click ‘Create’
Facebook Post Donation Buttons
Facebook also offers you the option of including a ‘Donation’ button on your posts. This is a quick and easy way to ask people to make a donation to Soundfair without having to leave Facebook.
To add a donate button to your post:
- Click ‘What’s on your mind, [Name]?’ at the top of your Facebook News Feed.
- Select ‘support charity’ button.
- Search for and select ‘Soundfair’ from the search menu.
- Write a post about why you are supporting ‘Soundfair’ and click Post.
Together with you (and the ease of social media), we can support girls and their families around the world.
You can support Soundfair and our Hearing Bank through the Little Phil platform. We run regular campaigns to help fund the Hearing Bank, with funds raised used to fit reconditioned hearing aids and provide hearing healthcare to those otherwise unable to access it.
make a donation
Support Soundfair’s work to bring a fair world for people with hearing conditions closerDonate Now