At the Soundfair clinic, we understand that hearing conditions are about more than just ears, and hearing care is about more than just devices.
The Soundfair clinic difference
When you connect with us, you take the lead.
You tell us your story and we hear it. You tell us what life is like for you with your hearing condition, and we listen to you. You tell us what a better life could look like for you, and we support and empower you to get there.
We focus on you as a whole person, and work with you to co-design your health and well-being goals. We support you to address the social, emotional and audiological aspects of your hearing condition. connect you with the information, resources, supports, services and communities you need to reach those goals, self-advocate, and live an empowered life.
As an independent, not-for-profit organisation, the work of our clinic supports our overall mission to transform the experience, inclusion and wellbeing of people with hearing conditions by amplifying their diverse voices, focusing on the whole person and catalysing change across the system and society.
We think that sounds fair, don’t you?
Book an appointment to experience hearing care that puts you in the driver’s seat, and supports you as a whole person, not just a pair of ears.
Clinic services include:
- Support to navigate through the hearing system
- Independent, objective, whole-person focused advice and information
- Hearing tests – adults, children, diagnostic, pre-employment, second opinion
- Hearing aids, devices and technology – private, government-funded or recycled Hearing Bank program
- Hearing rehabilitation
- Hearing in background noise support
- Hearing at home support
- Communication skills and management strategies
- Social coping mechanisms
- Personal adjustment counselling
- Hearing in the workplace support
- Tinnitus Counselling and Management
- Active communication education program
To find out more, and discuss your options with one of our Connection Coaches
PLEASE email [email protected] OR Call
1300 242 842
Soundfair clinic service fees
Our services attract fees to sustain our service as a not-for-profit organisation and offer:
- Free Hearing Services for eligible pensioners and veterans through the government Hearing Services Program
- Medicare rebates with a Chronic Disease Management Care plan and GP referral
- Free services to asylum seekers and refugees
- Low cost and Bulk Billing (with GP referral) options for those on low income, unemployed or suffering financial hardship
- Competitive and transparent hearing aid pricing across all currently available global brands
- Hearing Bank recycled hearing aid program
- Medicare rebates for diagnostic audiology – GP referral preferred, but not essential
Soundfair clinic appointments
Soundfair clinic initial appointments including our unique Connections model may take up to 1.5 hours with a Soundfair Connection Coach and/or audiologist, depending on your needs.
Telehealth appointments are available, if preferred.
Diagnostic Audiology and Hearing test appointments for adults and children can also be booked directly.
Our clinic respects your time and will inform you if any booked appointment cannot begin within five minutes of the scheduled time.
Any fees are due on the day of service.
Please bring any concession cards and your Medicare card for applicable on-the-spot rebates.