Person-centred care and changing the hearing care system
- Grenness, C., Hickson, L., Laplante-Lévesque, A., & Davidson, B. (2014). Patient-centred audiological rehabilitation: Perspectives of older adults who own hearing aids. International Journal of Audiology, 53(sup1), S68-S75.
- Grenness, C., Hickson, L., Laplante-Lévesque, A., Meyer, C., & Davidson, B. (2015). The nature of communication throughout diagnosis and management planning in initial audiologic rehabilitation consultations. Journal of the American Academy of Audiology, 26(1), 36-50.
- Ekberg, K., Meyer, C., Scarinci, N., Grenness, C., & Hickson, L. (2015). Family member involvement in audiology appointments with older people with hearing impairment. International Journal of Audiology, 54(2), 70-76.
- Meyer, C., Barr, C., Khan, A., & Hickson, L. (2017). Audiologist-patient communication profiles in hearing rehabilitation appointments. Patient Education and Counseling, 100(8), 1490-1498.
- Ekberg, K., Barr, C., & Hickson, L. (2017). Difficult conversations: Talking about cost in audiology consultations with older adults. International journal of audiology, 56(11), 854-861.
- William, G., Barr, C., Meyer, C., & Cowan, R. (2019). Are You Providing Person-Centered Hearing Care?. The Hearing Journal, 72(2), 18-20.
Social and emotional health and people with hearing conditions
- Ekberg, K., Grenness, C., & Hickson, L. (2014). Addressing patients’ psychosocial concerns regarding hearing aids within audiology appointments for older adults. American Journal of Audiology, 23(3), 337-350.
- Bennett, R. J., Meyer, C. J., Ryan, B., Barr, C., Laird, E., & Eikelboom, R. H. (2020). Knowledge, Beliefs, and Practices of Australian Audiologists in Addressing the Mental Health Needs of Adults With Hearing Loss. American Journal of Audiology, 1-14.
eHealth and new ways of providing services
- Paglialonga, A., Nielsen, A. C., Ingo, E., Barr, C., & Laplante-Levesque, A. (2018). eHealth and the hearing aid adult patient journey: A state-of-the-art review. Biomedical engineering online, 17(1), 101.
Support for the social and emotional wellbeing of people impacted by balance disorders
- Story, L., Barr, C., Dowell, R., & Vitkovic, J. (2020). An exploration of significant others’ experience with ongoing vestibular disorders. International Journal of Audiology, 59(3), 179-185.
Prevention of hearing loss and taking care of your ears
- Gilliver, M., Nguyen, J., Beach, E. F., & Barr, C. (2017, November). Personal listening devices in Australia: Patterns of use and levels of risk. In Seminars in hearing (Vol. 38, No. 04, pp. 282-297). Thieme Medical Publishers. https://www.houseofwellness.com.au/tag/dr-caitlin-barr
Allied health professionals and GPs supporting people with hearing conditions
Bennett, R. J., Fletcher, S., Conway, N., & Barr, C. (2020). The role of the general practitioner in managing age-related hearing loss: perspectives of general practitioners, patients and practice staff. BMC Family Practice, 21, 1-10. (open access: https://link.springer.com/content/pdf/10.1186/s12875-020-01157-2.pdf)
Vestibular audiology and balance disorders
- Bahkit M. (2019) Vestibular migraine: a challenging illness to live with and to manage: a qualitative study of patients’ and specialists’ perspectives PhD Thesis, The University of Melbourne Australia. https://minerva-access.unimelb.edu.au/handle/11343/225730 – Vitkovic J.- PhD supervisor
- Vitkovic, J. Vestibular Rehabilitation, in The SAGE Encyclopedia of Human Communication Sciences and Disorders, edited by: Jack S. Damico & Martin J. Ball. DOI: https://dx.doi.org/10.4135/9781483380810.n664
- Vitkovic J, Le C, Lee S.L, Clarke R.A. The Contribution of Hearing and Hearing Loss to Balance Control. Audiology & Neurotology, 21 2016: pp 195-202.
- Vitkovic J, Winoto A, Rance G, Dowell R, Paine M. Vestibular Rehabilitation Outcomes in Patients with and without Vestibular Migraine. Journal of Neurology, 260(12) 2013: pp.3039-48.
- Moran M., Vitkovic J. Perceptual differences in vestibular migraine populations in response to vestibular function testing. Australian and New Zealand Journal of Audiology 33(1) 2013; pp 1-14. § Vitkovic J. Vestibular Migraineurs: Outcomes of Vestibular Rehabilitation and the Role of Neural Habituation
- (2011) Thesis. University of Melbourne, Department of Audiology and Speech Sciences/Opthalmology.
- Vitkovic J. Paine M. Rance G. The Neuro-otological findings in patients with migraine and non-migraine related dizziness. Audiology & Neurotology 13(2) 2008; pp 113-122.
- Enticott J. C., Vitkovic J. J., Reid B., O’Neill P. and M. Paine. Vestibular Rehabilitation in Individuals with Inner-ear Dysfunction: A Pilot Study. Audiology and Neuro-otology 13 (1) 2008: pp 19-28.
McGinnity S., Francis Beach E., Cowan R., Mulder J., Power D., & Barr C., (2020) Does person-centred care improve outcomes for musicians fitted with hearing protectors?, International Journal of Audiology, DOI: 10.1080/14992027.2020.1771621